QatarDebate Privacy Statement
QatarDebate Center is committed to protecting the privacy and accuracy of confidential information to the extent possible, subject to provisions of the Qatari Government law and to Qatar Foundation’s rules and regulations. Other than as required by laws that guarantee public access to certain types of information, or other legal instruments that authorize access, personal information is not actively shared. In particular, we do not re-distribute or sell personal information collected on our web servers.
QatarDebate servers collect the following analytics:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of computer being used
- web pages requested
- referring web page
- browser used
- date and time
QatarDebate Center does not associate this data to individual user identities.
QatarDebate Center site may use “cookies” in order to deliver web content specific to individual users’ interests or to keep track of online purchasing transactions. Sensitive personal information is not stored within cookies.
QatarDebate Center uses webforms forms on this site. These forms require users to give contact information [including: email addresses, contact details, names, other related details]. Contact information from the registration form is used only to send material relating to the [event/course/purpose] for which it was collected and will not be sold to another party.
Use of collected information:
- QatarDebate Center will only use personal information collected from this site for the purpose of communication back to individuals who contact us via the site.
- QatarDebate Center uses browser-IP-address information and anonymous-browser history to report information about site accesses and for profiling purposes. This information is used to improve Web presentation and utilization. IP address information may also be used for troubleshooting purposes.
- The CalNet information collected by QatarDebate Center is used to identify users accessing secure content, and to pre-fill forms with information about the user submitting the form.
Distribution of collected information:
- QatarDebate Center will not disclose, without your consent, personal information collected about you, except for certain explicit circumstances in which disclosure is required by law.
- QatarDebate Center will not distribute or sell personal information to third-party organizations.
Privacy Statement Revisions:
This Privacy Statement was last revised on 20 March 2022. We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement each time you visit the web site.
If we make a significant change to our Privacy Statement, we will post a notice on the homepage of our web site for a period of time after the change is made.
Responsibility for External Sites:
This website may contain links to other web sites. Some of those web sites may be operated by third parties. We provide the links for your convenience, but we do not review, control, or monitor the privacy practices of web sites operated by others.