The 3rd International Universities Arabic Debating Championship (IUADC) is following the great success of the 1st and 2nd IUADC; they have established a positive model for ambitious Universities championships within the Arab world and beyond
The 3rd IUADC 2015 comprises two successive phases:
I. QatarDebate Academy
Through the Academy, QatarDebate Centre (QD) organizes workshops for the trainers of participating teams. Through these workshops QD aims to equip new trainers with the necessary skills and information on debate and its rules and regulations. They aim to enhance their capabilities to coach their teams for the championship as best as possible.
II. 3rd IUADC
IUADC consists of five debate rounds followed by three knockout rounds; the quarter-finals, semi-finals and the final.
- Develop Arabic and the essence of our Arab and Islamic identity and enhance our pride in our language, culture and religion;
- Activate and promote debate in Arabic by attracting more students to practice it;
- Strengthen and deepen ties among participating universities in educational and cultural fields;
- Encourage universities to establish debate clubs and spread this art within their colleges;
- Encourage universities to share their experiences with other universities in order to encourage more institutions to join the future IUADC
- Establish a culture of mature and constructive dialogue which leads to celebrating differences and diversity while encouraging openness to other cultures and their views;
- Strengthen the practice and understand the value of respecting others while observing religious, ethnic, linguistic, and cultural sensitivities;
- Deeply examine contemporary issues and their background, enabling students to have more comprehensive and panoramic views;
- Highlight the important role and positive effect of debate in students’ personal and psychological development as well as their academic skills;
- Highlight the importance of integrating debate in the national curricula;
- Unleash the creative capabilities and talents of expressing opinions and accepting and engaging with other opinions.